Monday 8 November 2010

Little Alexandra, the Wizard

When I first started the game, I made one of each stock character and played around until about level 50 to see which ones I would like best. Fighter and Scout were easy choices. Musk was easy to use and Elementalist was good at nuking, but I really didn't feel any calling to use the Wizard. So I deleted him.

After about a year of playing I decided to try play a wizard again, this time for low level ST only, to serve as a another trial as a wiz user as well as training ground for my (lack of) wiz skills. Debuffing was quite fun, making the opponent helpless as you stack debuff upon debuff getting ready to make the kill. Turn invisible for a quick escape and watch how the confused enemy tries to look for you.

Little Alexandra for Lowbie ST

I decided to push my wiz to my main pvp team. Luckily, an ELB Wiz was available for her, as well as a very good Forest Whisper. I used the wiz for several raids including Argus and Ice Wizard Tower, but had very little chance to user her in PVP. I went to PY/ST a few times to practice using a Wiz - Scout - Nar team, but it wasn't fruitful as most people who go there now are only for Hero Seals / farm sunstones and not for PK.


Little Alexandra all grown up

Darkness stance is quite powerful, which skills at level 10 having a 90% chance to connect. Deep Sleep is enough to stop anyone in their tracks, ready for a deadly skill from Nar. At this point I considered having Nar go ahead (since he is really really thick) to lure enemies to debuff them easily. Or I can also put the wiz ahead and debuff 1st, and let Nar finish the rest. Deep Sleep -> Whole Cancellation -> Improved Disease -> Curse -> Nar power = kill.. in my head at least. But it only worked that way for about 2x. Players are dynamic and dont always behave the same way. A good wiz user SHOULD be able to handle all threats with all her various debuffs but alas, I am nowhere near decent with the wiz.

I sold off my Forest Whisper and kept my armor since I can still use the wizard for raids. I went back to my Romina - STW - Nar team for PVP.. but I was still looking for a change in PVP lineup.

1 comments:

Anderson said...

can u tell me more about how do u used your wizzard? i got one and i like her very much, thought i dont use her cuz i dont pvp very often.
thanks!