Thursday 11 November 2010

PVP team changes

After my (failed) exploration to use wizard for PVP, I didn't have to look far to go for the popular Catherine Torsche. Since I sold my Catherine Torsche card the day she came out, I had to buy a fresh card, but the price has considerably gone down and it wasn't very painful to the pocket.

The first issue was armor. I had a friend who was selling +5 ELB fighter def+2dr 1s for a very cheap price (as cheap as a +0 crap stat), so I quickly grabbed the armor. After some painful chipping, the armor replaced def+2DR many times until it got 3DR (only). I was kind of disappointed and wanted to rechip but I had other things to spend my resources, so I settled. I succeeded on the first try and only took 4 Socket Tranquilisers to open the 2nd and 3rd sockets. I had made some great spodumenes myself and have been saving them for such an occassion. Catherine's armor was good to go (and she wasnt even in barracks yet). I then upgraded her armor at a much later time to 15evasion 18mspd 3DR. She can now reach 67 evasion without using Assassin Boots.

The next item was a 2nd dagger. My old (but dependable) dagger was passed down to Catherine. The money I got from selling my forest whisper allowed me to acquire a +7 Black Dagger 3S and I used what I packs I have and aimed for pvp stats. I had to stop at 30atk / 60Human since I was left with 4 level 100 chips and 4 Enchantment Tranquilisers. (I sold alot of my excess level 100 chips earlier that day to a friend so that I can buy more enchantment tranquilizers. He chipped 3x atk 9x Human on his +7 Black Dagger with my lucky chips. I felt happy and sad at he same time and slammed my face on my desk).

Accessories were set since I can recylce my earring, necklace, belt, boots and gloves. It took me quite some time to train her to master 10 100% to maximize the power of her summons.





Torsche Lloyds are powerful at level 130.


I teamed Torsche up with Romina-Flintlock and Scout for a few reasons. One is that I've been told that this mcc3 performed well in kGE Cross Server PVP, another is that a friend of mine also uses (or intends to use) this team.. I beat him to it.

I easily saw why this team can function well. Romina and Scout have high HP and very sturdy. Both has resuscitation which is vital. Catherine's Death Stunt can hit flying / evading / blocking opponents. The best reason is that these three can stack:








With HP and SP draining, a slowed down opponent with reduced AR/DR/Def will quickly go down.
Rosalia gets bullied

I still have a lot of room for improvement in using these 3 characters together. Equipment plays a big role in PVP, but skill and quick reaction speed will definitely aid in bringing down opponents that are stronger than me.

2 comments:

M said...

"another is that a friend of mine also uses (or intends to use) this team.. I beat him to it."

"A FRIEND OF MINE ALSO USES (OR INTENDS TO USE) THIS TEAM.. I BEAT HIM TO IT."


"I BEAT HIM TO IT."

OIRDJKGBBDFKJSFNSDF FI'LL BEAT UOI I'LL BEAT YOIU INTO SJHEFGSDF

dugunitrous said...

O____O???