Tuesday 31 August 2010

Raid : Brain of Argus #1 and #1.5

Even though I have done several Brain of Argus raids, I have not talked about them in detail yet, hence I will start the count here.

For some time now, I have always used Grace - Scout - Grace in this raid due to Flintlock's extra damage to Argus' Brain. At some point, I switched out Flintlock for Shotgun Blaster for the Hound Buff, and included a Rio for Shining Ballade and Prelude Buffs. However, it's been a dream / goal for me to tank Argus but I haven't had the chance yet. There usually is a more senior tanker around who will play this role.

This afternoon, only a few were available to do the Argus raid. Luckily I was there as well as my.. "friend" Lloydworth. I asked if I can play tanker and our FL said yes. I'm glad Seitai gave me the chance to tank Argus, it will be another addition to my achievements. I used my Coimbra Trooper and Anton (scout). Emilia (with borrowed +6 Elite Calienbino3DR) was the final part of my team as per Seitai's suggestion in order for me to cast spiritual shield.

Below is what I used to tank Bribantra. It's not mine, it's only passed to me to play as a tanker. It has "Catherine Torsche" written all over it.

Owner : Seitai of Eminence Faction - Rembrandt
B> Phantom Guard 2DR. (or any shield better than e84)


The first round of Argus was traditional tanking - 1 Bribantara (a.k.a. sotong) at a time. At the boss room I was also semi-successful at keeping the three sotongs away from the DPSs making their lives easier.

The second raid Setai wanted to try something different, so he asked me to tank several sotongs at a time while he spammed firewall. It turned out a bit faster than the traditional way of killing! However, once we reached the boss room, the boss haven't spawned yet so we all went back leveling (hence Argus # 1.5).

Align the Bribantras for FireWalls!
(H)_(H)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we usually tank all 8 into a wall then use abyss and bluster spam need 2 - 3 scouts to refresh mind. any chance you have noticed difference in drops since the patch im on sword2 i think argus gets a drop and difficulty boost in the 5.0 patch

dugunitrous said...

i haven't joined in the argus visits for a while now, but i can confirm elb drops and magic belt / necklace recipes from brain pre 5.0

Abyss and Bluster cost alot of ASO. hahaha firewall is cheap :)

Anonymous said...

true occultism is costly in around 60 kills we have gained 3 crafted necklace recipes 4 elb's and about a dozen of his recipes no belt recipes yet though