Monday 30 August 2010

The Story So Far


If you want to go "TL;DR" mode, please skip to last paragraph.

After reaching my target family level (50 base) and counting the days before I retire from sGE, I decided to start a blog. Maybe because I look at the blogs of other people and see how they progress through the game, that i wanted to track my progress too. At this point in the game there isn't really much I am aiming for. As I've said earlier, I've reached my end-game objective and I am quite satisfied with my current equipments.

A small recap of my GE life. I've always been a PC gamer and a subscriber to PCPP magazines. I was reading PC PowerPlay back in May 2010 and one of the featured games was Granado Espada. The magazine comes with a DVD and the sGE installer was included. So i tried it out. I quickly got addicted to its afk feature since I had class most of the time but still wanted to progress through the game. I found it very appealing to leave for school and come back having gained a few levels.

My first account i just tested out everything and learned about the game. Made the mistakes in choosing weapons and armors, starting characters, effective leveling places and the like. Opened barracks slots and created all RNPCs, used my Vis for all sorts of items that i did not really need. After that, I created a second account to start all over, this time making sure i made the right decisions and used my time effectively.

I joined a faction (Fleur De Cerise) that was friendly and helpful, but not really that active. I quickly got noticed as an eager member and got promoted to Deputy Faction Leader. I recruited a few people and shared them the limited knowledge I have gained, especially what to do in starting out and having a plan ahead.

After reaching family level 11 and promoting three characters to Veteran, FDC no longer catered to my goals (veteran-level and above raids) so i looked for another faction. I met Greep while leveling at Old Port of Coimbra. We usually formed a squad together for better survival in that area. A week later, I joined Millenion.

Millenion was a much larger, more active faction than FDC. During that time, it was headed by Kageshiro, an avid RNPC collector. He was (is) very kind and helpful, and shared his knowledge to members. When I joined, his family was 35 or 37, and I felt my accomplishments were so small compared to him. I thought I have done lots, yet when I saw Kage, I realised i had a long way to go.  A few weeks into Millenion i invited some friends over, partly because I wanted more people to grow in Millenion as I currently was and partly because I knew they would like it as well. Special mention goes to heavenzmandate who gave me a free SohoTheWind card (all I had to do was provide a Mercenary Card).


During this period in Millenion I learned and gained many things. I trained several characters, increased my family level from 12 to 37, upgraded my equipment, improved my raiding knowledge and engaged in PVP (a factor that i never considered when i started out in the game). When Kage had to stop playing temporarily due to his studies, the faction leader position was passed to Vugtis, and I was consequently promoted to Deputy Faction Leader. My academic load during that time was not very demanding, so i took steps to further improve Millenion. Along with TheShadowKnights, we laid out the foundations of what proved to be a very successful Team Arena system. We slowly attracted mid-range players that bolstered our numbers and further increased our earnings in Millenion TA. This time of rapid growth in Millenion allowed members to have coveted Constellation Symbols such as Symbol of Aquarius, which fetched anywhere from 300-400m each. It also help pave the way to expand our raids, achieving Arsene Circus with minimal numbers in order to maximise loots. We also ventured and completed Garim's Nest, Secret Tower and Gate of Fire. We even participated in a few Colony Wars and successfully held upto two colonies at one point.
Millenion active in Colony War

After more than a year of playing, one of the biggest factions approached me and invited me to join them. Eminence has (apparently) been notorious in bullying, trash-talking and kill-stealing since their creation, but I haven't really paid much attention to the bigger factions until then so it didn't really matter to me. Despite of its image, I decided to join Eminence. I extended the offer to Millenion, and quite a number joined Eminence as well. The rest moved onto different factions such as Le Conquistador, All Stars, Symbols, Renegade, Renaissance and So Nyuh Si Dae whilst others created their own factions.

The move to Eminence met (if not exceeded) my expectations. I was soon doing raids that I only read about and never even considered doing. Gate of Ice and Gate of Lightning were the first two raids that I made myself be familiar with. Occulta Dungeon and Argus. Colony war was far more exciting, from warping between two maps to fifteen maps! It is also during this period that I get to see Elite Le Noir and Elite Le Blancs drop from the raids i participate in.
Occulta Dungeon Raid
The Brain is undisturbed.

Gate of Ice gives us ELN Scout

Gate of Fire gives us ELN Fighter



I've been designated as Deputy Faction Leader (again) in Eminence to my surprise. I've been entrusted to hold some top tier items to be used in these raids. These include items in the level of +7 def+3dr 3s ELN fighter for tanking Novia (so proud to have done it!), +6/7 chess, serpent and constellation weapons with 3x 9x racials to serve as DPS for Argus, Uraeus and Griffon.
Tanking Novia - I never dreamt of it.. But I did it.

Owner : xBrotherHoodx of Eminence Faction - Rembrandt

So that is the past. From this point I will aim to blog what I'll be doing in-game. It might seem slow paced or mundane for some people, but as i said I have reached my desired end-state so I am no longer aiming for anything else. Anything hereafter is just for my enjoyment.

0 comments: